FutureX Plus FAQs
Frequenty Asked Questions
Got any questions? Here, you'll find everything you need to navigate FutureX Plus like a pro. If we haven't answered your question, please let us know at email@example.com.
1. What is FutureX Plus?
FutureX Plus is a world-class hub for purpose-driven entrepreneurs. It is a subscription service that provides access to an exclusive community of fellow changemakers and the resources you need to succeed – whenever you need it, wherever you are.
2. What is FutureX?
FutureX curates and creates content for business leaders who are contributing to a sustainable, socially-conscious global economy.
Through our online resource hub, international leadership programmes, large-scale summits and community events, we support entrepreneurs and intrapreneurs at every stage of their journey.
Our world-class events and programmes bring thousands of business leaders together each year. The team behind Startup Summit, Impact Summit and Silicon Valley Scale, we create opportunities for innovators to connect and learn from industry leaders, support organisations and their peers.
3. Who is FutureX Plus for?
FutureX Plus is for purpose-driven entrepreneurs and intrapreneurs who want to connect with the people, resources, ideas and events they need to thrive. You must be at least 18 years old at the time you apply.
4. What’s the value of joining FutureX Plus?
FutureX Plus members reap a number of benefits. From accessing a community of like-minded people to free tickets to FutureX events, there’s something for everyone!
- Exclusive access to a community of purpose-driven entrepreneurs
- Access to FutureX Plus community Slack group
- Discounts from business support organisations
- Resource toolkit for purpose-led entrepreneurs
- 2 x free tickets to FutureX flagship events (Startup Summit, Impact Summit)
- Free tickets to FutureX Socials
- 10% discount on Silicon Valley Scale
- Discounted exhibitor space at FutureX events
- Premium use of FutureX job board
- Ask Me Anything sessions with industry experts
- Priority access to workshops and seminars
- Press opportunities
The value of FutureX Plus is what you make of it: the benefit you and your business can gain from subscription is unquantifiable. However, we get that sometimes you need numbers to make everything add up – so here are the costs saved by a sample member (ex. VAT and fees):
- 1x ticket to Startup Summit (free): £80 saved
- 1x ticket to Impact Summit (free): £80 saved
- 1x place on Silicon Valley Scale (10% discount): £400 saved
- 1x ticket to each FutureX Social (up to four per year) (free): up to £40 saved
- Startup exhibitor stand at Impact Summit (15% off) – includes stand and two all-access tickets: £67.50 saved
- Startup exhibitor stand at Startup Summit (15% off) – includes stand and two all-access tickets: £67.50 saved
- B Strategy’s Sprint Assist for Start-ups & Growth businesses (50% off): £3,000 saved
- Total saved: £3,890
5. As a member, how many free tickets to FutureX events do I get?
You can get two free tickets for FutureX flagship events, Startup Summit and Impact Summit, each year. You can either choose to bring a pal for free or you can go solo to two events each year. See the ‘sample member’ allocation in the question above for someone who might choose to go solo.
You’ll also receive one free ticket to every FutureX Social, held in Leith every few months.
6. How much does it cost?
FutureX Plus is charged monthly or yearly. Subscription costs £33+VAT per month (minimum 12-month plan) or £360+VAT if you decide to pay in one go.
The first 50 early adopters will receive a discounted rate of £22+VAT per month (minimum 12-month plan) or £250+VAT for the year.
7. How do I become a member?
You can join FutureX Plus by applying here.
8. Why do I need to apply?
We carefully select all applicants to guarantee that we enrich our community with each new member. Our team reviews all applications to make sure you’ll benefit from our community. After we review your application, you’ll either be accepted or declined. Therefore, it’s important that you take your time and submit a thoughtful application.
9. What is the application process?
The application process is super simple:
- Firstly, we’ll collect a few pieces of information about you and your business and ask you a couple of questions to get to know you better. The application will take you around 10 minutes to complete.
- Then, we’ll send you a confirmation email so we know you’re a real person. #nobots
- Once we’ve reviewed your application and if we think you’d be a great addition to the community, we’ll get in touch with payment details.
- We’ll then set up your direct debit with gocardless (don’t worry, they’re super secure).
- That’s it – you’re in! We’ll send you the welcome pack and information about how to access the Slack channel.
10. What do you look for in applications?
We look for individuals that are innovative, purpose-driven and interested in contributing to and being part of an active community. No matter where you are in your entrepreneurial journey, or what sector you work in, what is important that you want to help us build an active, strong and supportive community.
If you are looking to be part of an inspiring, uplifting and innovative community of people that help each other succeed, and want to take advantage of great events, support and discounts, then there’s no better place than FutureX Plus!
11. What is the duration of a subscription and what is the cancellation period?
Your subscription is run on a yearly basis and is automatically renewed for another year unless you cancel it. That way you don’t have to apply again every year!
As the subscription is annual, there is minimum commitment period of 12 full months. You can cancel any time you want but your subscription will expire on the end of the 12 month period and you will continue to pay monthly until then. Of course, you will also get access to the full benefits.
If you don’t want your subscription to get automatically renewed for another year you will need to cancel 1 month before the end of the current 12 month period.
Of course, under British Law anyone has the legal right to cancel a contract within the first 14 days (also known as a ’cooling off period), if they haven’t accessed any of the benefits. So if you have subscribed but then changed your mind before you’ve used any of the benefits, drop us a line.
12. How do I cancel my current subscription?
If you want to cancel your subscription, you should let us know by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. The subscription is run on a yearly basis so it will be canceled at the end of the 12 -month period. You will have access to the benefits until then.
We will be sad to see you go and we would love to hear your feedback on what we can do better.
13- Can a subscription be paused?
We cannot pause or suspend subscription. The primary benefit subscription provides is access to the community, which is available digitally – wherever you are, whenever you need it!
14. Can I apply with a team?
At this stage, all FutureX Plus subscriptions are allocated on an individual basis. We will not assign a general subscription to a company. If you would like to apply with colleagues, each person must apply separately and will be assessed on an individual basis.
Would a team subscription work for you? Let us know at email@example.com!
15. Can I share my subscription with someone else?
Subscriptions are allocated on a personal basis and you cannot share your subscription with someone else.
16. How can I get in touch with someone?
Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org and someone will get back to you!